By Rudolf Pell Gaudio
- The first ethnographic learn of sexual minorities in Africa, and one in every of only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic world
- Engagingly written, combining leading edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, ancient texts, and well known media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry
- Analyzes the social reviews and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) with regards to neighborhood, nationwide, and worldwide debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century
- Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the class of "Outstanding Monograph"
Read Online or Download Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Best psychology of sexuality books
Regulating intercourse is an anthology that provides debates over the position of the kingdom in developing and controlling erotic perform, intimacy, and id. the aim of this edited quantity is to deal with sexual dilemmas in legislation and the country in significant parts comparable to same-sex family partnerships, sexual economies, and youth sexuality through a chain of lively dialogues among socio-legal students from assorted disciplinary, nationwide, and political views.
Patterned after the bestselling the entire grownup Psychotherapy therapy Planner, this necessary sourcebook offers the entire crucial construction blocks you must enhance centred, formal treatments that fulfill the entire calls for of HMOs, controlled care businesses, third-party payers, and nation and federal evaluation firms.
Intercourse in our on-line world bargains a daring and provocative, but sensitively written, account of an under-investigated sector of sociological enquiry. whereas there's a enormous quantity of analysis documenting the reports of intercourse staff, little or no facts exists on their male consumers. the 1st empirically-based quantity at the studies of fellows who pay for intercourse, this paintings provides an important new resource of information.
Policing Sexuality explores the legislation of sexual behaviour and id via kingdom states, and questions how and why states have sought to persuade and keep watch over the sexuality of its electorate. Julian C. H. Lee provides either theoretical and ethnographic literature, distilling universal subject matters and explanations and proposing components that give a contribution in the direction of a state's wish to regulate either the sexual behaviour and sexual identification of its voters, resembling the impression of colonialism, classification, faith and nationwide id.
- Vorsicht Sexualität!: Sexualität in Psychotherapie, Beratung und Pädagogik - eine integrative Perspektive (German Edition)
- Gender and Sexual Diversity in Schools: 10 (Explorations of Educational Purpose)
- From Single to Serious: Relationships, Gender, and Sexuality on American Evangelical Campuses (The American Campus)
- Handbuch Psychologie und Geschlechterforschung (German Edition)
Extra resources for Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography)
Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) by Rudolf Pell Gaudio